BXFIELD is a Dutch law firm specialized in commercial litigation with a complex or cross-border nature. BXFIELD represents vessel Owners, charterers, insurers, insurance brokers, trading houses, manufacturers, distributors, warehouses, financial service providers, real estate developers and investors, corporations, (foreign) commercial litigators and other stakeholders in the commercial litigation arena.
We are able to deliver practical, expeditious and high level services.
Our services cover the full spectrum of legal services in matters relating to commercial litigation, such as:
- breach of contract (Sales and Purchase Contracts, Manufacturing Contract, Charterparties, Contract of Affreightment, Bill of Lading)
- insurance claims and policy disputes (liability insurance, opstalverzekering, AVB-polis, D&O, FD&P)
- debt collection and recourse measures, including seizures, ship arrest and attachments of bank accounts, movables and real estate (conservatoir vreemdelingen beslag)
- liability issues of corporations
- liability of directors and shareholders
- arbitration (International Trade Disputes)
Further our services include the advising on sales contracts, general terms and conditions, settlement and operating agreements.
Fees are calculated at an hourly rate. BXFIELD informs its clients of the applicable rates upon request. In addition to its fees, BXFIELD charges for disbursements, office costs and VAT. (Disbursements are indirect costs such as court fees, the costs of bailiffs and translators, and travel expenses. Office costs relate to overheads.) Invoices are issued on a monthly basis. It is standard practice to charge an advance prior to dealing with a case.
General Terms & Conditions and Legal Information
All our services are subject to the General Terms and Conditions for BXFIELD Advocatuur, which can be read here and will be sent on request. The General Terms and Conditions for BXFIELD Advocatuur include a limitation of liability and a jurisdiction clause Amsterdam Court.
General Terms & Conditions Legal information